Tuesday 21 May 2013

boot problem after update debian 2.6.32.5-amd64

This time it happens on my laptop Toshiba. after
# apt-get upgrade
after rebooting, I found it can not go back to desktop, and there is no prompt on the screen. the more panic thing is that even using ctrl+alt+f2 can not change it into command prompt.
to solve the problem, first I went to the recovery mode of debian. in there you have to input the root password. then I have the access to folders.
It is found that there is no wlan working at the moment. to figureout that I followed
http://www.ghacks.net/2009/04/14/connect-to-a-wireless-network-via-command-line/
but actually it doesn't work
so instead, I uninstalled the ATI driver, then it is able to boot into desktop. after update the new driver, it is able to work now.
this reminds me the case a month agao on scientific linx. there is also same problem. to fix it, one has to update the video driver. but my questions is: since debian and SL are all old versions of linux how can the drivers no compatible?

No comments:

Post a Comment